PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI’S 35 MOST OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENTS IN HIS FIRST 162 DAYS IN OFFICE IN HIS SECOND TERM.
By Bunmi Awoyemi, Ph.D
- Lagos Ibadan rail line has started free 3 months service after the Buhari administration completed it. It cost billions of dollars to build.
- Lagos Kano Rail line project has been signed with CRCC and it is worth billions of dollars.
The 10 Goodies President Buhari Brought Back To Nigeria From Sochi, Russia.:
- NNPC signed an MOU with Russian Mega Oil Company, Lukeoil to do Joint Venture deep offshore Crude Oil exploration and production and for the revamping of the three oil refineries in Nigeria.
- Russia to enter into the Nigeria rail market via the Eastern Corridor ( Lagos to Calabar line) and the Portharcourt Maiduguri line. Russia will offer, design, construction, management, and maintenance of railway infrastructure in the two lines. The Calabar line is 1,400 kms long.
- NNPC signed an MOU with Gazprom, the Russian Gas giant for the development of Nigeria’s enormous gas potential and infrastructure.
- Russia accepted to use a government to government approach to complete the abandoned and uncompleted Ajaokuta Steel rolling mill. This facility is 60km in size, has 40 production plants, internal rail network and can produce 10m tons of all kinds of steel per year. Over $8b has so far been spent on the project. The project is 40 years old.
- Russia agreed to supply 12 Attack Helicopters to Nigeria for the fight against terrorism.
- Russia to work with the Ministry of Defence to modernize the armed forces, enhance government to government procurement of Russian military hardware, training of military personnel, etc
- Resolving the production issues and disputes with the ALSCON Russian owners. ALSCON is a producer of Aluminium products.
10.Because Russia is ranked as the biggest producer of wheat in the world, Russia has agreed to help Nigeria ramp up its production of wheat. Nigeria produces 100k tons of wheat but imports 5m tons of wheat. The aim of the Russian assistance is to greatly increase local production of wheat in Nigeria and reduce imports drastically to help save Nigeria the foreign exchange it uses to buy the annual import of 5m tons.
- Russia will provide security and technical support to Nigeria to stamp out piracy in the Gulf of Guinea.
- Russia will help provide geological prospecting of Nigeria’s vast solid minerals deposits with a view to exploiting them.
- Buhari resent a loan bill to the NASS for a $30b loan which the Saraki led 8th Senate had rejected.
The current Senate president has vowed to approve the spending request.
Some of the projects the $30b is meant for include:
- The East West Road.
- Mambilla Hydro Power Station.
- Dualization Of Suleja-Minna Road.
- Standard guage Ibadan-Kano Rail line.
- Calabar-PH-Aba-Makurdi-Bauchi-Maiduguri Rail Line.
- Dualization Of Ibadan-Ilorin-Jebba Road.
- 2,500 KM Power Transmission Lines & Power Transformers across Nigeria.
- Funding & Upgrades Of 18 Federal Universities.
- Total Overhauling Of Ajaokuta Steel Company.
- Dualization Of Lokoja-Okene-Auchi-Benin Road.”
These are major infrastructural projects that will positively affect the Nigerian economy on a massive and unprecedented scale.
The hard truth is that over 60% of the debts this Buhari government is servicing was incurred by the PDP including the CCTV Chinese project which cost Nigeria $470m and which GEJ their hero awarded and paid for 100% but with zero % execution by the contractor. The debt inherited from GEJ according to the debt management office was $63.81b.
NIGERIA IS CURRENTLY UNDERGOING A HARD RESET.
Nigeria is currently undergoing a hard reset. Many people don’t understand the meaning of hard reset.
Whatis.com defines a hard reset, also known as a factory reset or master reset, as “the restoration of a device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to its state when it left the factory. All settings, applications and data added by the user are removed.”
That is the kind of reset Nigeria is currently going through.
14. We were a one-product and corruption driven economy. We are gradually moving into diversification of our economy. Agriculture in particular is attracting lots of investments. Nigeria is being restored to factory setting.
15. Mega farms are springing up everywhere and factories are also springing up around the farms to add value to the raw farm produce.
16. Our land borders have been shut to protect Nigeria from dumping of banned and sub-standard products in our country.
17. This also protects Nigeria from smuggling of arms and ammunition which fuels banditry, kidnapping and armed robbery in Nigeria.
18. Human trafficking has also been nipped in the bud.
19. The anti-corruption war is also being waged against the looters of the commonwealth.
20. AMCON is seizing the assets of chronic bank debtors.
21. Local factories producing iron rods, roofing sheets, tiles, sanitry wares, plumbing materials, etc are now recording record sales as are rice farmers.
22. Dangote’s tomato paste factory is about to commence operations.
23. Milk producers are now sourcing for their raw milk feedstock locally.
24. Dangote will soon begin mass rice milling.
25. Imota Rice Mill, the biggest in Africa will commence production by next year in Lagos.
26. Coscharis has started a mega rice milling factory.
27. Cyber criminals are being busted on a global scale because of the close collaboration between the FBI and the EFCC.
28. Unprecedented amounts are being spent on infrastructure and a lot of PPP models for infrastructural development are being worked on.
29. Nigeria moved up 15 places in the World Bank’s ease of doing business ranking of 2019 and was ranked as one of the top 10 improved economies in the world in 2019 and our economy grew by 2.2% in the 3rd quarter of 2019.
30. Over 500 Federal roads and bridges and the 2nd Niger bridge and the Loko-Oweto mega bridge linking several states are nearing completion. 2nd Niger bridge is 40% complete. While the Loko-Oweto bridge is 90% complete.
31. Nigeria has out-performed South Africa to become the most valuable brand in Africa.
32. The FG has agreed to give states control over solid minerals.
33. The FG has instructed the Accountant General of the Federation and MDAs to publish daily financial statements for transactions above N10m.
34. Another giant footprint,the Agbor Station and Maintenance Yard has been built and commissioned by the FG.
35. The Murtala Muhammad Internatioal Airport, the Enugu International Airport, Kaduna International Airport, Kano International Airport have all been upgraded with more terminals, better runways and facilities.
By Bunmi Awoyemi, Ph.D
Are you enjoying Online News Pilot and you want to receive Breaking News from the site all day?
If yes, join our WhatsApp Group Here.
You can also send us a email on
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
You can call us on +2347035965961